Wednesday 9 June 2010

Hello and Welcome!



Well this is it, blog number one.

Thank you for reading, I assume you're here because you know me, or you also share a passion for weddings. Either way, thanks!

I've been pondering away for many years now about what career I would like to pursue. I was pressured into applying for university when I was studying my A-Levels, but fortunately I decided against it; I literally had no idea whether I wanted to be a teacher, an astronaut or something in between!

I decided to work for a year in my local town, Looe, which is also a very lovely place to live in, as you can see from the photograph. I was working at several places, including cleaning holiday cottages, and working behind the bar in the best (and the only!) nightclub in town. I was also still living at home in my parents restaurant, The Polmary, in Polperro.


I began to notice a theme in my employment and residential locations; restaurant, pub, holiday accommodation, fish and chip shop, cafe; the list goes on. Every place I had worked was within the hospitality industry, and I'd always loved it. So, why not pursue it?

I contacted the University of Plymouth and arranged an interview. It turned out that you could study a Hospitality Management degree (who knew?), and a year later, here I am; at the end of my first year and I've never been happier.

This year I have now begun to focus on what I want to do when I finish the course, which will be here in no time I expect. I have always had a creative streak, and I'm as about as girly as a girly girl gets! I love going to weddings, and everything about them. I'm also a passionate organiser and love to make lists and plans, as many of you will know too well. It came to me one day that perhaps being a wedding planner is something I could really flourish in, so I decided to make this blog. I want to bring together all the research I do into one cohesive spot.

So here we go....



No comments:

Post a Comment